Quantcast
Viral Video of Woman's iPhone 7 Melting Is Freaking The Internet Out, Apple to Investigate | Mobile phone latest news Google+ Follow Smartfonefreaks on Twitter








An 18-year-old woman, Brianna Olivas of Tucson, Arizona posted a video on Wednesday, 22nd February that has gone viral and freaked the collective internet. 


The video shows an iPhone 7 Plus beside a white sink with smoke emanating from it as it melted away.

The video, which was apparently recorded by her boyfriend, has been viewed over 1.26 million times, 18,000 retweets and hundreds of replies.

When she couldn't turn on her device she figured there was some trouble and she proceeded to then take the iPhone 7 Plus, which she bought in January, to an Apple Store where employees ran tests and told her everything was fine. 



things were fine for a while and then boom! The next morning the phone caught fire.

In Brianna's words “The next morning I was asleep with my phone charging next to my head, my boyfriend grabbed the phone and put in on the dresser,” 

According to The Mashable she said. “He went to the restroom and from the corner of his eye he saw my phone steaming and heard a squealing noise. By the time he got over to the phone it had already caught fire, he quickly grabbed the phone and threw it in the restroom, as soon as he threw it in the restroom, it blew up and more smoke started coming out of the phone,” she added.

Olivas has returned the device to Apple and she says that the representatives have told her that they are conducting tests and expect to know more within a week.

You can check out the video below.



Post a Comment

Tell us what's on your mind here.

Powered by Blogger.